I purchased this direct from the manufacturer for my 2014 F150. Installation is easy, as is setting my own 4 digit combination. This console safe is actually just a lid that covers the top of your console. It fits right into the opening and has two metal backs that are attached to keep it in place. While it may seem that there isn't much to it, once I had it installed, I could see why it works so well.
- It leaves the entire console available (you just have a smaller opening)
- Installation is easy
- It is hidden until you open the console lid
- Perfect place to hide valuables (I use it for my gun and spare cash)
- The combo lock means no extra key needed
- The coin slots are unusable (though if you have this console you know the coin slots were junk anyway)
Overall, this is a great way to protect your valuables. I am not suggesting that if you had all day you couldn't find a way to break the original part of the console and get access, but this is pretty much the best protection you can find for the money and will absolutely keep your standard smash and grab crook from gaining access to the contents of your console.